Implant Art Center
5 stars - based on 5 reviews at
Image Map

Call Us for a FREE Quote
(619) 600-5287


Getting to the Implant Art Center from the US

We want to make your travel to our dentists in Mexico as convenient and safe as possible. While you can reach Tijuana by plane or other transportation, many of our patients choose to drive here from San Diego. If you are making your way for one of our affordable root canals in Tijuana, Mexico — or any of our other services — follow the instructions here to find our offices.

Driving Directions to Implant Art Center

The border crossing nearest to Implant Art Center is the San Ysidro border crossing. From San Diego, this crossing can be reached via the I-5 South freeway, which ends at the US-Mexico border. You may also take I-805 South, which will ultimately become a part of I-5 South shortly before reaching the border. Immediately after crossing into Mexico, traffic will be diverted to the right. Follow traffic to the Mexican customs station and wait your turn in one of the lines. If you get a green light at the station, you may proceed through towards the customs exit. If you get a red light, you must first go through an inspection of your vehicle before you proceed to the exit. Once you leave Mexican customs:

  1. Get into the far left lane.
  2. Continue to the end of the block and make the first left onto Frontera Street.
  3. Continue to the first stop sign and turn right, going around the traffic circle.
  4. Look for the MEDAC building, which will be to your left and facing the traffic circle.
  5. The clinic is in the MEDAC Building, but you will park back behind the PEMEX gas station you will see on your right.
  6. Go into the parking lot entrance, immediately to the right, as you pas the PEMEX gas station.
  7. Get a ticket at the parking lot. The charge is $5 per day, which you will pay upon your exit of the parking lot.

The MEDAC building is across the street from the parking lot. When you enter the building through the main lobby, take the elevator to Floor 2, which is the top floor. When you exit the elevator, turn left – the Implant Art Center office is the first door on your left.

Getting Back to the US

Once dental treatments are complete with one of our dentists, there are a few things to know about getting back to the US in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, construction at the US-Mexico border crossing in Tijuana has resulted in significant delays for travelers who are re-entering America. Much like any traffic, certain times of day can also bring about long wait times at the border.

The Mexican government has addressed the problem of significant travel delays while leaving Mexico by creating a special lane for medical and dental tourists. In order to take advantage of this program, you will need a FAST PASS, which Implant Art Center gives to our patients. Cars using a FAST PASS must also have US license plates.

Important Note: Because the Fast Lane merges with the Ready Lane, in order to use a Medical Fast Pass, you have to make sure everyone in the car has an ID with the RIFD chip. The ID with a chip is a Passport CARD, a Border Crossing Card, a new version of a Permanent Resident card, or an enhanced driver’s license. If you only have a passport book, or a regular driver’s license, they you don’t have a chip, so you will have to go through the regular lanes.

Get a Free Quote!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • Make Appointment

    We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
    Request Appointment
  • Our Services

    We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
    Read more
  • Dentist Price List

    Our Tijuana dentists offer pricing on general dentistry to implants and more at a fraction of the pricing in the USA.
    See Price List

New Border Crossing Regulations:

1.- You must now have a US passport to cross the border:

Just like the US Government requires everyone crossing the border into the US to have passports, the Mexican Government also now requires all persons crossing into Mexico to have a passport. Things have historically been a little lax, but now they are tightening up on the regulations. Make sure you get your passport before crossing into Mexico, to avoid any delays or hassle, by the US Customs, as well as Mexican Customs.

If you haven’t yet gotten a US Passport, we strongly recommend that you get the “Passport Card”, rather than the “Passport Book”. You can actually apply for both, or either one. But the reason the Passport Card works better than the Book, is because it has the RFID electronic chip, which qualifies you to use the faster moving “Ready Lanes” either as a pedestrian or riding in a car. Here is a link to the government website:

2.- You will need to get a Tourist Visa at the border:

Pedestrian Crossing: If leave your car parked at the border, and are walking into Mexico, you will need to present your US passport, and fill out a tourist permit form. It will just take 5 minutes. However, make sure you keep your tourist permit on your person. In case you are stopped in Mexico for any reason, you will now have proof that you entered into the country legally. The cost of a tourist permit, to visit Tijuana for a week, is free. But, if you plan to stay for more than a week, plan to return for a second trip, or are thinking of going on to Rosarito or Ensenada, you will need to get the 180 day permit, costing $25.

Crossing the border by car: If you are stopped in Tijuana, you will need to show that you have legally crossed the border. So, even though you could just drive through Mexican Customs, and they don’t ask you for any documents, don’t neglect to first stop and get your tourist permit. The process will just take a few minutes.

When you first cross into Mexico, do NOT get into the lines of cars that are going through the lanes through for inspection. Rather, keep to the right, and go straight ahead to the area for Voluntary Declaration. Most of the cars going in here, and parking, are stopping to declare products that they purchased in the US, so they can pay the “Importation Tax”. But this is the same area where you will find the “Immigration” office, in order to get your tourist permit. Just park your car next to the others, and go into the building. Inside you will find the Immigration office, and tell them you want a tourist permit. It will be easiest if you just tell them you are coming to visit and shop, otherwise they will ask you for the exact address of the clinic, and hotel address where you are staying. Just a little less hassle.