At the Implant Art in Tijuana we use white resin composite fillings. This material is whitened to match the color of your teeth and hardened with the use of an ultraviolet lamp to make it look like a part of your natural teeth. In fact, the resin becomes nearly invisible when applied because it matches the color of your teeth so well when applied.
For many years, cavities were filled with mixtures of metals, including silver and mercury. So, it was perfectly normal to see dark or gray areas in someone’s mouth when they laughed.
What type of fillings are used at your Tijuana dental office?
We use white resin composite fillings because they provide as much of an excellent seal on an affected area as other metals. This strong seal also serves well to prevent tooth decay. Nonetheless, other factors that we considered when making the decision of whether or not to recommend resin composite fillings to a particular patient include:
– Allergies the patient may suffer from
– Size of the area that needs to be filled
– If it is cosmetically necessary to have a tooth-colored filling
– The patient’s preference regarding the use of materials in the mouth
– The location of the affected are in the mouth and its primary function
We also follow protocols for the efficient and safe removal of mercury/amalgam fillings.
The cost of fillings at Implant Art in Tijuana are from $55 to $75 each, depending on their size.